The organization of the 2009 NAM is progressing on schedule. The meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, located at the Embarcadero waterfront in San Francisco. The meeting co-chairs are Bruce Gates, Enrique Iglesia, and Charles Wilson. All available details have been posted on the meeting website (www.21nam.org); inquiries should be directed to email@example.com. The first circular will be mailed by the end of April 2008.
Catalysis finds itself as the critical discipline as the world at large faces the challenges of sustainable development, clean energy, and environmental responsibility. The 2009 NAM will bring together leading international researchers in catalysis at a geographical and historical crossroads between Asia and the world. Our aim is to promote academic and industrial connections among emerging and established communities of researchers and practitioners of catalysis in the world at large.
The planned session topics include:
- Catalysis for Energy
- Catalysis for Environmental Protection
- Catalysis for the Synthesis of Chemicals
- Fundamentals of Catalysis
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
The timeline is as follows:
- August 1, 2008, call for papers and applications for Kokes Student Travel Awards
- November 15, 2008, deadline for submission of abstracts and Kokes applications to be made via the meeting web site
- February 9, 2009, notification of accepted abstracts for oral and poster
presentations and awarded Kokes grants
- April 1, 2009, deadline for early registration