Travel Grants for Participation in the 14th International Congress on Catalysis Seoul, Korea, 13–18 July 2008
The North American Catalysis Society, NACS, through the office of the Foreign Secretary (Professor Wm. Curtis Conner) will disperse funding from the National Science Foundation and the Department of Energy to support participation by US catalytic scientist and engineers in the 14th International Congress on Catalysis, 14th ICC, to be held in Seoul, Korea from 13–18 July 2008. We hope to support the air travel by US carriers for at least two dozen participants.
Applications will be chosen based on several criteria:
- Young US faculty and/or members of underrepresented or minority participants active in catalysis research.
- Chosen presenters of oral or poster presentations at the 14th ICC.
- Participants as session chairs or other ICC or NACS proceedings in Seoul.
Please apply to Wm. Curtis Conner (Foreign Secretary of NACS) before 15 May 2008 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Fax to 413–545-0316 or by postal mail to:
Wm. Curtis Conner
Foreign Secretary of NACS
Dept. Chem. Engineering
Amherst, MA 01003
Your one page application should document your qualifications as specified in the criteria, 1–3, above and include:
- Your position, including years in present position and activity in catalysis research in the last four years (publications, grants and presentations in catalysis).
- Your accepted participation in the 14th ICC: oral presentations and/or poster(s).
- Other participation such as session chair.
- Any other factors the independent panel should consider.
The Independent panel will inform the applicants of their travel grants before 1 June 2008.
Again, young faculty, participating students and under represented groups are encouraged to apply and will be considered positively! However, these grants are restricted primarily to travel expenses by US carrier. Registration and hotel costs are not generally to be covered by these grants (other specified funds are required).