The Great Plains Catalysis Society seeks nominations for the 2018 Great Plains Catalysis Society Award. This will be the first time the Award is given by the Society. The Award will be presented at the 2nd Annual Symposium of the Great Plains Catalysis Society, to be held on April 12, 2019 at the Phillips 66 Research Center in Bartlesville, OK. The Award winner will give a plenary lecture at the Symposium.
The Award will be given to an individual, preferably from the Great Plains area, who has made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of catalysis. Such advancement can be scientific, technological, or in organization leadership. The Award will be presented at the annual symposium and consists of a scroll and memento, reimbursement for travel and lodging expenses to the annual Symposium, and a cash prize. Nominees must confirm in advance their attendance at the annual Symposium and their intent to deliver a plenary lecture if chosen to receive the Award.
A full nomination package must be limited to 10 pages and should include the following:
- Name, occupational address, phone, and e‑mail of the nominator, who must be a member in good standing of the Society
- Name, occupational address, phone, and e‑mail of the nominee
- Nominee’s short-form curriculum vitae
- One letter of nomination from the nominator
- One to two letters of support
- An award citation of 200–400 words that could be used for publicity
The nomination package must be received by January 8, 2019 and should be sent to:
University of Kansas
1530 W. 15th St
Lawrence, KS 66045
It is the intent of the Society to notify the Award winner by March 1, 2019.